Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Leah's Crazy Ride Across Iowa + Fundraiser for Schools in India!

The following message is from one of our volunteers in India in 2009.


Hi Friends!

From July 25th-July 31st I will be riding my bike 442 miles across Iowa as a participant in RAGBRAI: http://ragbrai.com/ [cut and paste link]

Besides finishing the week long east to west ride, my goal is to raise at least $442 to donate to One! International, the NGO in India I taught at in 2009.

One! operates two schools in the slums in Mumbai, teaching over 100 children. Its volunteer base is in Canada. The work One! does with the children and families in Mumbai is truly inspiring, worthy, and life-changing for them.


If you're willing to make a donation, you can click the link below for my Giving Page on Canadahelps.org (The picture on the page is me teaching at the Nallasopara school in August 2009).

http://www.canadahelps.org/GivingPages/GivingPage.aspx?gpID=8592

[please cut and paste link]


3.9% of each donation goes to Canadahelps.org in processing fees, so if you'd rather give a donation to me directly, I will send it to One! via check. If you'd like, you can even pledge a certain amount per mile!

I promise to update my blog and/or Facebook on how I'm managing to pedal up all those Iowa hills.


For more information about One! International, please go to:

www.one-international.com

Thanks

Leah

An energetic endeavor, and a generous goal.
Thank you Leah.
Good luck with the trip.
We wish you lots of luck and good weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment