Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Importance of Thank You

There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them. Denis Waitley



My grandmother, who lived next door to me as I was growing up, taught me many valuable 'life lessons'.

One of the lessons she was a stickler about was the importance of saying "Thank You".
Grandma insisted that if someone did something for you, or gave you something, it was mandatory you acknowledge their action with a "Thank You".
If you forgot to do this - you heard about it.

My children were raised with the magic words of 'Please' and 'Thank You'. The grandchildren and the One! International children have been "raised" with the same magic words.

As Canadian Coordinator in charge of keeping track of donations and volunteers, I try to remember to say "Thank You". I'm sure my grandmother would find some way of letting me know if I forgot.

------------


Whenever a volunteer - who has given of their time and effort to help the children learn and grow - leaves Mumbai, the children make them a 'Thank You Poster', and sign all their names on it.

Our orphans Parvati and Malesh have been blessed with One! International's help, and of individual donors such as Angelica and her family.

Before Tania left India, Malesh and Parvati gave her their "Thank Yous" to pass on.

To Angelica Didi,
How are you? I miss you. Your baby is growing! Thank You for the help you gave us. My sister is doing very good. Your support was needed to make this happen. THANK YOU! We are both well and remember you so I wrote a letter. I'd like to meet you, we'll use a computer until your next trip. How is your husband?
From,
Malesh and Parvati

To Arie Didi,
I miss you. Thank you so much for all your support. It has been many years since we met, you should come visit. Do not worry about us - we are with Didi. We live with Didi and she takes care of our food. With Tania Didi we are well.
From
Malesh and Parvati

To Tania Didi,
I will miss you. Please do not worry about us. We are here and will be fine. Please take care of yourself and get better. When you are back it will be great - until then I'll wait. Be careful on your trip. Come on the computer so we can talk! You have given us so much - for living, for eating, - and for that I want to thank you. You have helped us so much. I will pray to God that your knee gets better. Say thanks to your mom and dad for us.
From
Malesh and Parvati

There really isn't anything else that needs saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment